You May be Eligible for Improved Childcare Funding: Here’s What You Need to Know
We know that covering the cost of childcare isn’t always easy, but the good news is there are a number of government programmes that can help support you during your time with us and from April 2024 that support just got better!
So, whether you’re considering a nursery place for the first time or trying to understand your eligibility at different stages of your child’s education, we’re here to help you by making it as easy as possible to understand what support you can get with your childcare costs.
What Childcare support is currently available:
15 Hours Free Childcare
- Subject to meeting the Government’s eligibility criteria, parents of some 2 years olds can access 15 hours a week (570 hours per year) free childcare for 38 weeks of the year (during term-time).
- All 3 and 4-year-olds living in England are entitled to 15 hours a week (570 hours per year) free childcare for 38 weeks of the year (during term-time).
30 Hours Free Childcare
- Eligible working parents are entitled to up to 30 Hours Free Childcare – that’s 1,140 hours a year!
What Free Childcare will I be entitled to following the Spring Budget 2023 Announcement:
In the 2023 Budget, the government set out plans to extend the free childcare scheme to the parents of children from the age of 9 months. Currently, the timeline for this is as follows:
- From April 2024, eligible working parents of 2-year-olds can access 15 hours per week.
- From September 2024, eligible working parents of children aged 9 months up to 3 years old can access 15 hours per week.
- From September 2025 eligible working parents of children aged 9 months up to 3 years old can access 30 hours free childcare per week.
What does ‘Free Childcare’ really mean:
Free childcare only covers the ‘care’ costs of your invoice. Additional costs such as consumables, food, trips, and any extra hours outside of your ‘free childcare’ allowance will need to be covered by the parent/carer. At Just Childcare were aware that for many, the costs associated with childcare can often be a concern, especially with the cost-of-living crisis impacting many of our families day to day. So, to ensure our families are not paying out more than is absolutely necessary and to take care of your pennies, all of our full fees cover the cost of nappies, wipes, and formula. We refer to this as our ‘All-inclusive’ offer, saving you hundreds of £’s per year!
Recommended Time to Apply:
When you receive your code, it will have an ‘end date’ telling you when you need to apply for the next one.
The clock starts ticking on your code as soon as you receive it, so you’ll need to renew it within three months of that date – NOT the date you start using your free hours – or you’ll miss out on your free hours for the next term!
We’re here to help:
We know that keeping up to date with the latest changes to childcare funding can often be a little difficult. That’s why we’re here to help.
Simply fill out Childcare Funding Enquiry Form below and a member of our friendly Family Care Team will be in touch to discuss how you can get the most from the options available to you.